Tuesday, April 14, 2009

'Exoteric' Work Finished


Don't forget...You can click on the image to see it bigger

Well it's been a very busy couple of months with not much time for Blogging. I pulled the exhibition work for Exoteric out of the kiln on Sunday and Love Love Love it all. A series of 3 pairs of shoes tittled 'Could I Walk a Mile in Your Shoes?' and a 6 piece series of Bowls I call 'The Journey'

I've also posted my artist statement for you to read...

The inspiration for the series ‘Could I Walk a Mile in Your Shoes?’ and the ‘Journey’ series emerged from considering notions of Home and the implications of Immigration and Multiculturalism.
The series celebrates the differences and commonalities of the many cultural groups that form the rich and vibrant 21st century society in which we live and acknowledges that life is a journey that we all share.
As someone once said…There is no place like home…
Wherever that may be.
Rose Maguire
April 2009.

The hard work really paid off and all went according to plan so I thought I would do a wee slide show on the construction of the peices. which I will post ASAP

4 comments:

ang design said...

hey look at you... the reds come up a treat...

Rose Maguire said...

The Copper is lovley to but couldnt get the light right fo the photo darn it! Did I say how much I liked your Tiles for the show. Mounting them like that looks great, clever boots!!!

Anna said...

love the glaze on your shoes,the red is beautiful.looking forward to seeing them atthe show

Tess Kincaid said...

Your work is just amazing, Rose. Thanks for stopping by Willow Manor.